Monday, August 18, 2014

Blog Hop With a Difference

There has been a blog hop with a difference happening in creative circles and my lovely friend ,Janelle Wind tagged me. I met Janelle in real life last year after following her through magazines and her blog for about 10 years. One day we will sit down for a proper chat, Janelle.

I have a series of questions to answer and then I tag someone else and that is how this blog hop keeps moving along.

What are you working on right now?  I have a couple of projects on the go - a crochet cardigan for my niece and a pair of fingerless mittens for myself.  Not to forget a quilt I have been trying to finish for a year 😳

How long does it take to create a project?  well, that really depends on my level of interest.  My large sewing projects take awhile, my knitting and crocheting takes anywhere from a day to a week.  Scrapping and Project Life layouts doesn't take long at all as I am trying to just do it and not overthink.

What  are my  favourite things to create with at the moment?  I have to admit that I am in love with yarn at the moment.  I really cannot walk past a yarn store.

How does my creative process work?  I tend to just go with the flow. With scrapping I start with a white background and a photo, then I spend a few minutes putting patterned paper and embellishments with it. With yarn, I seem to buy yarn and then come home and search Ravelry for ideas. At the moment I am discovering knitting and so I can take a whole day to actually get the right pattern and needles sorted.

How do I become inspired and stay inspired?  I spend time checking Instagram, Pinterest and Ravelry almost daily.  I find that if I am making something that others are also making, I can keep the inspiration flowing. Other times, it is just plain hard work.

What is my signature style?  I really don't think I have a signature style.








Now its time for me to tag someone. I really hope you check out the blogs and I hope you have enjoyed a little insight into my creative process.

I tag Jenny from Elefantz.  I have followed Jenny for a few years and love the stories she tells, and her stitchery designs are amazing.  I also have found inspiration from the journey Jenny and her husband are taking both with their health and as empty nesters.

No comments:

Post a Comment