Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Life

Hello! Yes I am still here!

When I lost my job just before Christmas, I felt like my whole world had fallen apart. I was given no opportunity to say goodbye to the children I had formed relationships with, the staff or any of my volunteers. It was awful. I cried for days. And if I ran into anyone attached to the school I would go home and cry. How was I going to pay for my counsellor visits? you know the story wah wah wah.

I decided it was a good time to do Ali Edwards One Little Word workshop and chose my word - COURAGE.  I have had that word in my head like a chanted mantra. "have courage Deb" "remember to live courageously"

In January I attended a Project Life scrap night and I knew no one, definitely living up to my word.

I  also told my friends about my ongoing battle with depression and anxiety - definitely took courage.

Last week I had a stall at a local craft market, a long time dream of mine, and you know what? I'm okay if I decide not to do it again. I did it.

I also went to have morning tea with a lovely lady I met through social media and made a new friend.

Over the last couple of days I have realised that losing my job was a blessing. I am no longer stressed. I am doing some casual typing for a friend. I have energy.  I really dont miss most of the people I mixed with at work and I realise that the friends I have are the ones I need. They support me so much that I feel blessed to know them.

Way back when I was 15 I wanted to be a teacher but unfortunate family events meant that this was not possible, and as the years went on I loset my confidence and never felt able to do any further study.  Well, I have just enrolled to study for a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care!  I am so excited to embark on this.  We have been rearranging study areas as Mr16 is in year 11 and needs an area to study aswell, so he and Miss18 will be sharing our second living area as a study and my craft room will become a study for MrWonderful and myself and double as a craft area. Phew its a lot of work getting it set up but it will be worth it in the end.

I am off to have a cuppa,
Deb

1 comment:

  1. That sounds awesome Deb! You sound like you are in a really good place right now. :) x

    ReplyDelete