Sunday, March 30, 2014

Cake Bake and Sweet Show

Last Sunday I went to the Cake Bake and Sweets show at Sydney Olympic Park with my girl and one of her friends.  I am not a cake decorator but I love baking and I was hoping to pick up a few tips.

The girls went their own way and I went in the opposite direction to have a look at what was on offer.  Megan and I were huge fans of the show The Great Australian Bakeoff  and I knew Maria Vella was doing a presentation so I went to the stage and settled in to watch Maria show us how to bake her Snickerz Sponge roll. I was delighted to see that Monique Bowley was the compere for the day and the girls kept us laughing and entertained.  After the presentation I hung around and met both of these lovely ladies and had a photo and chat with each of them.

I also managed to meet the macaron king Adriano Zumbo! He was so nice and tall!  And of course I bought some macarons to take home to my boys.

Duff from Ace of Cakes was also doing a presentation on the main stage, so I sat with the girls to watch him. He made ice cream and sorbet using dragon fruit and duran (?) and used liquid nitrogen to freeze them.  There was much laughter as Duff is quite a character.

We all purchased a new cook book each and had lots of fun trying new things and checking out all of the cake decorating tools.

I think its safe to say I will be heading back next year.





bye for now
Deb x

1 comment:

  1. I am so envious I love Duff but I am glad you had a great day -love dee x

    ReplyDelete